With the numerous accounts that we have nowadays, it is often an issues when we forget one of our account passwords. If you are using a yahoo account and you find yourself to have forgotten your yahoo account password, yahoo support allows you to recover or reset your account password without any problems.
In the situation of you can change yahoo password, you will first need to verify that you are the owner of that yahoo account. In order to do this, first, you need to visit the yahoo sign in helper page. Click on the option where you need to type in your email address or your phone number, which ever recovery option you prefer.
- Once you click on continue, the yahoo sign in helper will take you through the simple steps to reset your yahoo password.
- If you have a mobile number associated with your yahoo account, click on the option which will send an account key to your phone number.
- Instead, if your email address is associated with your yahoo account, click on the option which will send an account key to your email address.
- Once you receive this account key, you will be required to type in that account key to verify that you are the owner of that account.
- In case you suspect that your email address has also been hacked, you can click on the option of “I don’t have access to this email address”. You will be given a different set of instructions to follow which will allow you to verify your account using a different set of steps.
There might be a situation where you do not have access to either your phone number, or your email address. In this case, you can be asked to identify your contact from your account to verify your authenticity.
Once you have followed these steps perfectly, you will be taken to your password recovery page. Here, you can either recover your old password or change or reset your yahoo password to a new one.
It is recommended that you change your password every few months to ensure that your account is safe and provide maximum security to your account. However, it is also important to remember what password you are resetting to your yahoo account!
There is also another method you can use to reset your password. This involves a round of security questions.
- Use the same steps to log on to the sign in helper page of yahoo, and click on password and sign in. here, choose the option for forgot password, and pick the method of use my secret questions.
- This is a process you will have to undertake while creating your email address. You will be given a secret question to whose unique answer only you will have.
- If you are able to answer this secret question or set of secret questions successfully, you will be taken to your password recovery page, where you can choose to reset your yahoo password.
Follow any of these simple methods and you will be able to reset your yahoo password without any issues.